The process begins with a Comprehensive Home Assessment - Subsidized by your utility for ONLY $100!
Delmarva Power Utility customers in the State of Maryland can take advantage of up to $2750 dollars in energy-saving rebates by participating in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
Through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, you can:
- Get a Comprehensive Home Assessment
- Get energy upgrades
- Make your home more comfortable
- Significantly reduce your energy bills
- Improve you home's indoor air quality
- Reduce your home's carbon emissions
- Hire a contractor who follows quality standards
How do I Participate?
- Step 1: Call the FLC GreenTeam to schedule a Comprehensive Home Assessment (CHA)
The Green Team is trained to assess your whole house to improve its energy performance, health and safety. As a BPI GoldStar Contractor, the FLC GreenTeam has proven itself to be a leader in the field of Home Performance. Each member of our GreenTeam is BPI certified to ensure that you receive the most knowledgable service the Eastern Shore has to offer.
- Step 2: Prepare for your CHA
Provide a year's worth of utility bills and create a list for your contractor of the problems or concerns you have about your home.
- Step 3: Schedule a time for the FLC GreenTeam to complete your CHA
During the CHA, the GreenTeam will be inspecting your entire house, including your crawlspace, basement and attic. We will use the latest diagnostic equipment to test your home's energy use. We will also be testing your gas or oil-fired furnace, boiler, water heater and oven, to ensure they are operating safely and not spilling dangerous CO into your living space.
- Step 4: Receive your home's energy report
Your report will list your energy improvements in order from least to most cost-effective. Sealing air leaks and insulating your attic and floors will usually top the list for energy savings and comfort improvements.
- Step 5: Slect your energy improvements
We can help you to decide which energy upgrades to make. You can choose to do one improvement at a time - such as air sealing - or do everything at once. The choice is yours, we're just here to assist you.
- Step 6: Get your energy improvements done!
- Step 7: Get your home's final CHA
The GreenTeam is trained to "test-out" to verify that the energy improvements and health and safety checks were done successfully. After we've established that everything is in good working order and you're satisfied, the project is complete!
- Step 8: Tell your friends, family and neighbors about your energy savings and improved comfort!
My wife and I purchased a home in Centreville that had been vacant for a few years. It was built in 1980 and hadn't been insulated very well. We gathered numerous estimates and did a lot of research before settling on FLC. I dealt with Ryan from the start.