- Air Sealing
- Crawl Spaces
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Duct Sealing
The HERS Index Score measures a home’s energy efficiency and allows it to be compared to other rated homes, as well as older existing properties. A Rated Home not only tells you about the home’s efficiency, but it will clue you in as to what modifications can be made for improved energy savings too. A HERS rating is also a great marketing tool when selling a home. A house with a lower HERS Index Score can drive-up resale value and give great insight to the home-buyer about average monthly utility bills.
Requirements for HERS Rating Index:
– Inspection of the Buildings Exterior Walls
– Inspection of Floors Over Unconditioned Spaces (garages and porches)
– Insulation Inspections (attic, walls, crawlspace)
– Windows and Doors
– HVAC system, Hot Water Heater and Thermostat Inspection
– Duct Test with Duct Blaster
– Blower Door Test
– Home Model with REM-rate software
HERS Ratings include the testing required for passing the 2012 IECC. HERS Ratings include documentation for code compliance. Have FLC complete a HERS Rating on your home for assistance in meeting 2012 IECC standards.
The guys who came out were amazing! They explained everything they were doing inside and outside of my house. Thank you!