Qualifying Delaware homeowners who are participating in the Home Performance Rebate Program can now finance their energy-saving gome improvements with a fast and easy monthly payment option through Energize Delaware. These low-cost loans can help Delawareans make the right energy improvements while minimizing out-of-pocket costs.
- Special 5.99% True Fixed Rate* unsecured financing
- Loans from $1,000 to $15,000
- 100% financing available
- Up to 10 years to repay - no prepayment penalty
- Low fixed rate, fixed monthly payments
- No home equity required, new homeowners welcome. No Lien filed on your home.
- No Fees to consumer or contractor
- Work must be done by an Energize Delaware/AFC First approved contractor
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must be:
- The registered property owner currently living in a separately metered, detached or attached one to four unit residenece where the home energy audit is completed and the product/equipment is being installed.
- Attached units are duplexes, condominiums and townhouses. New construction and commercial properties are not eligible.
- Good credit and the ability to repay are required; all income levels are eligible.
- You must also receive a rebate reservation confirmation number to ensure you are eligible for a rebate
Questions? Call 888-232-3477
Who Can Perform the Work?
Only AFC First Energize Delaware Approved Contractors may perform the work. The FLC GreenTeam is one!
Apply for a Home Energy Loan
- Step 1: Get an Energy Audit
Contact the FLC GreenTeam to schedule an audit. Our GreenTeam will prepare a list of recommened improvements specific to your home's needs. You also will receive a cost estimate to install those improvements and information on available rebates. We will also submit a rebate reservation on your behalf to reserve your funds and reduce your out-of-pocket cost.
- Step 2: Apply for your Loan
For fast loan approval, apply online at DEEnergyloan.com. You may also apply by phone at 888-232-3477. You can have your home energy audit completed prior to submitting your loan application or you can choose to have your loan pre-approved before the audit. FLC will send AFC First copies of our estimates/proposal identifying final price and qualifying improvments. You sign a simple one page loan note that AFC First provides you.
- Step 3: AFC pays us and you start saving!
Once your project is complete, AFC pays the GreenTeam upon receipt of your signed Completion Certificate, submission of rebate completion forms to Energize Delaware, and a verbal confirmation from you, the customer, that the work has been completed to your satisfaction.
What Improvements Qualify?
Home energy improvements recommended and approved for your Energize Delaware project may include:
- Air Sealing and Duct Sealing - minimum 20% improvment
- Attic Insulation - Add R-20 minimum
- Knee Wall, Crawlspace Wall and Floor Insulation
- Wall Insulation - minimum 50% of the walls
- Air Source Heat Pump - minimum 14.5 SEER, 12 EER, 8.2 HSPF
- Central Air - minimum 14.5 SEER, 12 EER
- Furnace - minimum 90 AFUE
- Heat Pump Water Heater
- Boiler - minimum 85 AFUE
- Tankless Water Heater
The workers were very nice and respectable! Hard workers! I am so thankful for your service! Thanks again!